Tuesday 12 March 2019

Honeymoons and baby making.

Once we were married, and still not using any contraception it was now our time to really start trying for a baby.

Just a couple of days after the wedding we flew out to Mauritius for a two week honeymoon and it was amazing. We were so in love and we made love a lot. It was the best time of our lives just being the two of us. Relaxing, enjoying the scenery, the food and each other and it was an amazing break after the stress and build up to the big day.
We got back from honeymoon and settled back into normal life. Back to work, back to our home and back to thinking about the next chapter of our lives, starting a family.

We knew it could potentially take months to conceive and with myself now being 33 and my husband 38 we didn't want to waste a minute of trying. We had slept together a lot during our honeymoon and believed the dates were right but nothing had happened. I wasn't expecting anything to happen on first attempt but the practising was lovely!

Once back from honeymoon I decided to look into my dates and even buy ovulation testing kits to give us a much better idea of when we should be trying.
Each day I would pee on a little stick and wait to see if I was ovulating. But nothing showed up! It was only early days so perhaps my dates were wrong and it was only month two of trying, so plenty of time to get our heads around ovulation kits and dates and fertile signs to look out for.

It was my husbands birthday this month and we celebrated between the sheets and classed this as month 2 of trying and waited to see again if anything was to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment